This is a quick bonus for P day. A list of podcasts for writers. Use them for motivation, to keep informed, and sometimes just to remind yourself that we share the same issues and joys as many other writers.
Podcasts for Writers
- The Secrets: the Podcast for Serious Writers. Michael A. Stackpole, the New York Times bestselling author, once ran this podcast series. From the website: It addresses problems writers have and provides solutions as well as inspiration. Covers issues critical to writers at all levels of expertise and career.
- Wordplay – K.M. Weiland – author of ‘Outlining Your Novel‘. Great for new writers, practical advice for fiction.
- Publishers Weekly KidCasts Interviews with children’s and YA authors.
- The Dead Robots’ Society Podcast (by aspiring writers for aspiring writers) . Podcast/community that was started by Justin Macumber. The aim of the show is to offer advice and support for aspiring writers. Archives.
- The Writing Show Information and inspiration for writers who might be stuck! Hosted by Paula Berinstein, ran from 2005. Archives here.
- Scriptcast is one podcast that you won’t want to miss if you are screenwriting. Hosted by a guy who calls himself Script Doctor Eric, a professional screenwriter and script reader.
- Writing Excuses (requires Audible). Fiction writing podcast run by Brandon Sanderson (Mistborn, The Wheel of Time, and The Stormlight Archive), Dan Wells (I Am Not a Serial Killer), and Howard Tayler (Schlock Mercenary). They live and die by their tagline: Fifteen minutes long, because you’re in a hurry, and we’re not that smart.
- I Should Be Writing is an award-winning podcast about writing, hosted by the charming Mur Lafferty.
- The Creative Penn podcast by Joanna Penn. iTunes link.
- Book Writing for Fun and Profit by BookCatcher.com. By Brian Scott. Now archived at iTunes.
- Grammar Girl – Quick and Dirty Tips.
- Radio Litopia – this page will take you to the favourites.
- Writers on Writing is a weekly radio program produced and hosted by author Barbara DeMarco-Barrett, with co-host Marrie Stone. Hundreds of author interviews.
This blog post participated in April 2013’s Blogging from A to Z Challenge, along with many other blogs on subjects as diverse as writing, foodie blogs or mummy blogs.
This blog post is part of a themed series or pack on Writer’s Core Habits. I acronym this as WCH or WCHP © . Do a search for these tags, and you will find more in the series.
No affiliate links are used in these posts.