I post links to interesting blog posts and information for writers on an almost daily basis. Those tweets (cross-posted to my Facebook page) will appear in the Tweet summary in the footer of this website (and in my twitter stream) but I’m going to post a list of my favourites here again as some linky love.
Note: some of these links lead to older posts – perhaps several months old, but which are still popular and doing the rounds of social sharing this week.
Popular Posts and Pins from Hunter
- What Stage in Your Writing Career are You? http://wp.me/p21nCK-Nh
- Two Pins on Pinterest:
|Potential Husbands from YA Fantasy||3 Act Structure|
Books & Workshop News
- News for thriller writers: Jodie Renner is working on an updated and extended version of her awesome craft book, ‘Writing a Killer Thriller‘ and hopes to get the new edition out in time for July’s Thrillerfest. I’ll be watching out for it.
- Duolit Courses: Facebook, Mailing Lists and Blog Tours http://wp.me/p21nCK-LE
- IndieReCon: Join us for a Week of Marketing! http://www.indierecon.org/2013/06/join-us-for-week-of-marketing.html?spref=tw. June 10th to 13th.
Author Platform & Promotion
- “21 Platform Building Insights from Authors and Experts Who Excel at It | Your Writer Platform” http://feedly.com/k/16amnTK
- “100 Things for Authors To Tweet About | Author Media” http://feedly.com/k/Z0KggG
- “New Author Series: How Do You Build a Fan Base, Anyway? | Lindsay Buroker” http://feedly.com/k/113CE9Q
- “Write the damned story you want to write. Brand yourself, not your books” http://fb.me/2q7hPGnlK
- “3 Quick Ways to Perk Up Your Email Marketing Efforts” http://fb.me/2FDDBdDpD
- Want your subscribers to read your newsletter? Keep it simple and about them. –@AuthorMedia http://bit.ly/11g4e3u
- “21 Things You Need to Know About Publishing 2.0” James Altucher talks about everything.
- 5 Tips To Get Book Endorsements and Reviews http://feedly.com/k/13kzN0q
- Author Marketing: Calling Card Strategy http://feedly.com/k/110D5mu Half-sized cards too. Nice idea.
- 6 ‘About Us’ Pages That Are Probably Better Than Yours http://blog.hubspot.com/remarkable-about-us-page-examples via @hubspot
Tech for Writers
- “20 Inspirational Apps and Online Resources For Writers – Lifehack” http://feedly.com/k/11ykigU
- Trello App–Great for Writers http://wp.me/p21nCK-N4 My own post
- A Writer’s Ache to be Heroic — Book Mama http://buff.ly/16lxm2q
- “How to Structure a Story Around a Large Problem: What’s the Difference Between Problems, Flaws, and Goals?” http://feedly.com/k/Znr3pw
- How do you keep track of the details in your manuscript? Create a Style Sheet! http://bit.ly/10KDJYL via @RachelleGardner
- “How to Figure Out Your Book’s Genre” http://feedly.com/k/12ugUeQ and from i09: “10 Genres that Superheroes Have Swallowed Up” http://feedly.com/k/11j4ChX
- So what are “Story Physics,” anyhow? http://feedly.com/k/110BSeT Larry Brooks explains the origins behind the title for his new writing book.
- How to Write a Novel in Three Years or More http://feedly.com/k/13kzbIe
- Author and psychologist Sarah Fine has a series on PTSD, this is the latest: The Strangest Situation: Traumatizing Your Characters, Part 7: Triggers http://thestrangestsituation.blogspot.com/2013/06/traumatizing-your-characters-part-7.html?spref=tw
- What is a Novella via Benjamin Sobieck – http://buff.ly/11iCTxR
The Writing Life
- “The Author’s Guide to Reviews” http://fb.me/IGSGenxp
- “Ten Kinds of Book People It’s Impossible to Have a Conversation With” http://fb.me/1oolLjuqS
- http://po.st/VNhUkH A fantastic essay: “We have always fought – challenging the women, cattle and slaves narrative by Kameron Hurley”
- Michelle Beckett: Ten Ways to Get Your Creative Juices Flowing http://buff.ly/14eHB55 Via Huffington Post UK
- Ten Stupid Writer Tricks (That Might Actually Work) http://feedly.com/k/13kzra5 Via TerribleMinds
- 10 Ways I’d Love My Books To Be Like Flat Stanley | Writers In The Storm Blog http://buff.ly/18Zlmna